Cathedral Church of Redemption is one of the most beautiful churches in India and its construction was started in the beginning of the 1900s. The construction of this church was completed in 1935, although in 1931 it was already opened for public worship. The cathedral is made of a birthday cake on which a candle is placed. The architect of the church was Henry Mede, who had made the church in such a way that even during the extreme summers; the interior of the building would remain calm and quiet. The church includes beautifully elevated high command and delicate domes, which won the heart of the Viceroy Lord Irwin at that time. Irwin gifted one limb and one silver cross to the church.
Since its establishment on January 18, 1936, the Church has been specially meant to maintain all the records and minutes of its meetings, and the Bible, tied in red leather. The first service took place on December 3, 1922, at 8 a.m. And the earliest recorded marriage was accepted, Adelbert Vere and Mina Monica (a widow), by Chaplin T. Dickson on 20 October 1926. Inside the church, there are high arches and ornate domes. Cathedral Church of Redemption is the Church of North India under the Bishop of Delhi.
Older than eight decades, this Anglican Church is the oldest in Delhi. It is located in the east of the Parliament House and the Rashtrapati Bhavan is close to the Sacred Heart Cathedral. After the competition organized by the British government, both churches were designed by British architect Henry Med. Its foundation stone was laid in 1927 by the then Viceroy of India, Lord Irwin, and the church was finally completed in 1935. It has a semi-Palladian design in the construction of white Dhaulpur stone and red sandstone. The church especially celebrates Christmas and Easter, when its choir performs concerts in English, Hindi, and Tamil.